So my opinion of Dexter can probably best be summed up as follows:
Since Jeanne gave me the recommend, over the course of watching this show, I went from initially wondering if Jeanne might possibly eat small babies in her spare time to now considering naming my firstborn after her. Well, maybe not quite that extreme;) She is, however, welcome to take any of my future offspring out for ice cream.
And maybe even the park.
But we’ll just have to wait and see how I feel about the rest of the series…;)
Random thoughts on the past few episodes:
Episode 1.6 “Return to Sender”
- Dex hates birthdays. Not surprising.
- Uh-Oh! Dex is gonna get caught!
- Waaaaaait a second…Am I actually rooting for the psychopathic serial killer to escape the law?! This show is genius. And completely corrupting my morals.
- Wow, Dex can be a jerk. To his sister, mostly. But also to everyone.
- Hold on, are LaGuerta and Deb actually bonding? …. ah, never mind Deb slammed the bathroom door in her face. That’s my girl:)
- The kid saw Jesus. Didn’t see that coming.
- Okay, maybe Dex doesn’t hate birthdays anymore:) Dexter, you are a walking paradox.
Episode 1.7 “Circle of Friends”
- Rita’s husband could use a haircut. Just sayin’.
- CREEPY psycho Ice Truck Killer suspect sings even creepier Italian opera music. WHAT was that…?
- Rita, talking about her moppy haired hubbie: “I just wish he’d just go away. I mean, why can’t he just go away and disappear forever?”
Dexter: (in his voice over) “He can do that. Very easily.”: Oh this show and its sick humor… Rita’s husband is gonna get Dextered. Just wait.
- Dex is in self-preservation mode and being a manipulative jerk again. Come on, dude! Be a good brother:P
- Rita: “Somehow I doubt that. You have a good heart, Dexter. You’re not like Paul, you don’t hurt people.”
Dexter: “Innocent people. I don’t hurt innocent people.”: Oh, if only she knew…
- Dexter’s slow smile in the last frame of the episode=CLASSIC.
Episode 1.8 “Shrink Wrap”
- Whoa, a lot of deeds being done in this ep. If you catch my meaning. And yet another reason why this show is on Showtime and not network TV.
- Especially Deb. Something ’bout that doc creeps me out, though. He has a winning smile and a cruel looking mouth all at the same time. Is he…?? Nah….
- Dex to the shrink: “I’m a serial killer! Wow, it feels so good to say that out loud!” AMAZING. Dex had a Dr. Phil moment.
- This makes me not want to go to counseling. Moral of the story: shrinks are evil.